In 1918, Braxton Beecher Hunter joined his father, H.B., in the funeral business. Braxton received his degree from Gupton's Mortuary School in Nashville. In 1940, Braxton was responsible for moving the funeral home to its current location at 120 East Bockman Way. He and his wife, Marie Bridges, lived at the funeral home.
Braxton is also credited with the addition of the chapel at Hunter Funeral Home. He purchased the Keaton house that stood next to the funeral home and remodeled it to make it a chapel. This allowed families to receive friends and hold services at the funeral home.