Who We Are : Our Story

Our StoryOur StaffOur Location
Douglass, Starbuck & McPeek Mortuary

In 1943, Henry Alter sold the business to Phillip Douglass, who built the building in the 500 block of North H Street and named it Douglass Mortuary.

James and Mary Starbuck came to Lompoc from Encinitas to assume ownership in 1945 and owned and operated the business until retiring in 1962, selling it to Ralph McPeek. The existing building on North H Street closed as a mortuary in 1985.