NOTICE OF NEW GUIDELINES
Southern Funeral Homes, Inc. (Southern of Winnfield, Kinner-Stevens of Jena & Southern-Edmonds of Jonesboro)
Due to the recent spike in COVID-19 infections in our area, and to help stem the spread of COVID 19 and to try and secure the safety and well-being of our patrons and staff, we will be asking our customers to the follow the guidelines listed below. These guidelines are related to Governor John Bel Edwards Executive Orders Proclamation modifying and extending Phase 2 guidelines for funerals and graveside services during the current COVID 19 pandemic. As always, we will continue to work with families to provide the services that best honor the lives of their loved ones during these difficult and trying times.
- For Funerals held at a church or the funeral home and Graveside Services, we strongly encourage each individual attending to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose. In addition, strict social distancing should be maintained.
- Social distancing requires no less than 6 feet of separation of non-same household individuals to be maintained and hugging or the shaking of hands is strongly discouraged.
- We ask our patrons to avoid congregating at these functions.
- 4. According to State guidelines traditional visitations should not be held. Instead there should only be viewing held at which individuals attending should wear a mask and observe strict social distancing. Upon entering the building, signing the register and viewing the deceased, attendees should exit the building.
- Due to the limited size of our arrangement offices, we ask those families who have lost a loved one to limit those persons coming in to plan services to only the primary decision makers. We also strongly encourage those persons attending to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth.
As always, Licensed Funeral Directors will be on call 24 hours a day.
Our staff will be on hand daily to address any needs you may have. During this pandemic, in an effort to reduce our staff and patron’s exposure, we will be maintaining our regular office hours, but we ask that you please schedule an appointment ahead of time. Also, because of the limited size of our public offices, and in order to safe-guard our patrons and staff, we strongly encourage any person entering our office to conduct business transactions to wear a mask and make an appointment with the funeral home before your arrival.
A wise person once said "when words are not enough, we have ceremony". We at Southern Funeral Home believe this to be very true.
For thousands of years, funerals have been a means of expressing our beliefs, thoughts and feelings about the death of someone we love.
Funerals are most meaningful when they are personalized. Southern Funeral Home has a long tradition of creating meaningful life celebrations to honor loved ones that have died.
Thank you for visiting our website, Please call us 24 hours a day at: 318.628.6921