Who We Are : Our Story

Our StoryOur StaffOur Location
Our Beginnings

Buckley Funeral Home History
In 1946 James Buckley and his wife Hilda moved from Plainfield NJ to Asbury Park where Jim took a Funeral Director position with Bodine Funeral Home in Asbury Park. In 1949 He bought the Reidy Funeral Home at 707 Sixth Ave in town from David Reidy and the James T Buckley Funeral Home was founded. The new business flourished and in 1954 Jim was able to buy the “John Cornelius Mansion” at Second Ave, Asbury Park from the owner Joseph Zarcarro. After some updating, the move was made in 1955 to our present home at 509 Second Ave. Asbury Park.
Jim and Hilda welcomed son Richard in August 1949 and son Dennis in February 1951. Their sons both followed in the family business and today jointly own and operate Buckley Funeral Home now in it’s 64th year of providing caring service and compassion to families in their time of sorrow.
Serving all people of all faiths for all their needs.
Preneed Arrangements including Medicaide are available