In 1876, Patrick O’Halloran opened a church goods store and funeral parlor in a storefront near Sixth Street and Wabasha in downtown St. Paul. He soon moved to a second location nearby on Sixth Street. In 1927, a much larger and freestanding funeral home was built on the corner of Sixth and Main - the site of the original Cretin High School. The facility serviced the community until 1978.
The present O’Halloran & Murphy Snelling Avenue Chapel was built in 1961. The Roseville Memorial Chapel was established in 1968, and Dare’s Funeral Service was added in late 2001. We built these facilities in response to the needs of the growing neighborhoods and to further provide the communities with a complete range of quality local services and sources.
Our mission has always been to create a true community-based funeral home: welcoming people of all denominations, nationalities, races, and financial means.
We continue that mission by maintaining the largest and most experienced staff serving the St. Paul, Roseville, and Elk River areas. Our knowledge and resources allow us to go well beyond just the basics of funeral care to providing an unparalleled spectrum of services and maintaining persistent attention to detail.
Like close friends, O’Halloran & Murphy’s funeral care professionals are there when you need them most: listening, consulting and understanding, sensitive to every need. We provide sincere quality funeral care. It’s more than a way of doing business. It’s our tradition.