In 1942 Mr. Roland Murman bought what was then the Hathaway Funeral Home in Johnston City. When Mr. Murman was called to serve in World War II, Mr. Harry Wilson became a partner which began Murman & Wilson Funeral Home. In 1974, Mr. Murman and Mr. Wilson retired and sold the funeral home to Harry's son, John Wilson. Then in 1975 Mr. John Wilson hired Mr. Raymond Savant to assist him with running the business. After 22 years of service, Mr. Raymond Savant bought the funeral home from John in 1997.