The early history of the Bedford Funeral Home has been difficult to trace, but dates to the mid-1950s. Everett Gottschalk established the funeral home and died in 1958. Following his death, the funeral home was managed by his wife, Frances, for several years.
In the mid-1960s, G. William Clark of Carlisle became the new owner. Known as “Bill” to family and friends, he expanded the building and managed the funeral home with the help of his parents, Guy and Dot Clark of Carlisle.
Bill Clark died in 1994 and the firm’s ownership was transferred to William T. McDonald and his children, Maureen McDonald Duffy and William and David McDonald.
In 2004, Maureen became President and has overseen many changes. She has been proud to serve the Bedford community.
Maureen was joined by her niece, Christine Graham, in 2014.