Welcome to Marion Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory - Our Family Serving Your Family Since 1951
Family Owned and Operated
Thank you for visiting our website. We are honored to serve the families in our local communities since 1951.
If you need assistance, we can be reached by:
Email: [email protected]
For immediate assistance call:
Lake Wales Office: (863) 676-2541
Frostproof Office: (863) 635-4990
COVID-19 Office Policy
As we learn more about the evolution and impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to assure our valued clients and friends that we are monitoring the situation closely. Currently, our main concern is for the health and safety of our clients, our employees, and their families.
As of April 1, 2020, all face to face appointments are being transitioned to video or telephone appointments. Also, our lobby will be closed to any walk-in traffic. All pick up or drop off of documents and personal items will be handled as a drive-up service by our staff. We ask that our clients remain in their vehicle and we will come out to help you. We trust that all our clients understand this action is necessary and we will revisit this policy Periodically to re-evaluate its effectiveness.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidelines for Funeral Services and Visitations
Marion Nelson Funeral Homes & Crematory understands the severity and the risk involved with the Coronavirus. As a public entity we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we reduce your risk to exposure while in attendance at our facility.
We are monitoring all communications distributed by the Center for Disease Control, the Independent Funeral Directors of Florida as well as our local and state health agencies in regard to all information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
To ensure that your risk is minimized while attending an event at our facility we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
- Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our facilities. Every 4 hours all door handles, knobs, faucets, toilets, water fountains, as well as any surfaces that come into human contact will be diligently cleaned with an antibacterial agent.
- Hot beverage service to the public will be suspended during this time to limit exposure. Individual water bottles will be available by request (for as long as water bottle are available to us).
- A personal space zone (distance of 6 ft.) will be created between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
- As per recommendation of the CDC public events need to be kept to a maximum of 50% capacity of the facility.
- Hand sanitizer (if available) and Kleenex will be available.
- Systems will be put into place to give the general public an opportunity to come, honor, and pay their respects in a less crowded environment.
- Only with the permission of Next of kin of the deceased, we will webcast the Celebration of Life events (on a delayed schedule) over the internet.
On behalf of our families who are experiencing a loss during this unprecedented period in our communities, we want to thank you for your willingness to offer your love and support. Because of government restrictions, you may want to consider alternative ways to make a meaningful connection with the family besides attending their visitation and service. Some of these ways may include:
- Sign the online guestbook
- Send a sympathy card or make phone call
- Make a memorial contribution to their charity of choice
- Send a floral gift
- Post a message on social media
We provide FREE webcasting and recorded podcast of funeral services for our families.
To access a webcast, go directly to the obituary and look at the bottom for the webcast.
It is an honor to serve our families and we thank you for the confidence you have placed in us.
Helen Nelson, Barrett Nelson, Danny Gill and Our Entire Staff