Our family's tradition of service begin in 1926 when our grandfather, Joseph C. Hollerbach, opened Hollerbach Funeral Home on Halsted Street in Chicago. This marked the beginning of over 75 years of service by the Hollerbach family to families in their time of need. In 1931, the funeral home was relocated to 525 West Armitage (Center Street) in Chicago's Old Town neighborhood. Then, in 1951, the Hollerbach's daughter Joan joined the business as a Funeral Director/Embalmer. She remained with the firm until 1955 when she left to raise her family. The year 1954 saw the opening of a second (and now the only) location of Hollerbach Funeral Home on Elston Avenue in the Albany Park neighborhood. In 1955, Joseph F. Hollerbach became a licensed Funeral Director and began working with his father, continuing the business with the same proud family tradition. The year 1968 was very active for the family. First, the senior Hollerbach retired and moved to Florida; son Joseph and his family of five moved to the Elston Avenue location while the Armitage location was closed and all operations were consolidated. In 1978, Joseph F. bought the business from his father. Only 3 years earlier in 1975, other members of the family joined the business. Sons-in-law Arthur Staniec and John Knill continue to work as Funeral Directors and corporate officers. In 1995, Joseph C. Hollerbach II joined the firm as the third generation of the Hollerbach family in service to the community. Over the years, we have seen many changes in the funeral industry. The one constant has been our unwavering commitment to the families that we serve in their time of need. This commitment has not changed since Joseph C. and Susan Hollerbach began the family business over 75 years ago. This is why we are proud to say, "Service...From our Family to Yours."