Bosse Funeral Home was established in 1865 as H. Bosse and Brothers Undertakers, by Brothers Henry, Joseph and Ben Bosse. The brothers were cabinet makers by trade, and as was the custom of the day, they made coffins by hand. They were also engaged in the retail furniture business at 522 Green Street (now Liberty Street). In 1908, Henry Bosse Jr. took over the day to day operation of the funeral home. His son Robert Bosse followed him in 1943. The Bosse family still maintains a presence in the day to day operation of the funeral home through Robert's great nephew, James Wagner.