T he funeral home was completed at its present location on Hamilton-Cleves Road in February of 1953. Charles and his wife, Emily Young made their home in the Ross funeral home, living downstairs and renting out the upstairs quarters. Since it was a small business, Charles always had other occupations along with operating the funeral home. Those sidelines included teaching restorative art at the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science, development of property in the Ross area, and construction.
During this time, Charles and Emily were also raising three children, Greg, Dan, and Becky. The family eventually moved out of the upstairs of the funeral home and in 1967 moved into the house next door. The business and the community continued to grow. After graduating from Ross High School and Centre College; Dan decided to go into the funeral business. He studied at the college of Mortuary Science and graduated in 1980. He served his apprenticeship and then worked at Paul Young Funeral Home and Charles Young Funeral Home.
In 1998, Charles decided to semi-retire from the funeral home and turned the management of the business over to Dan. Dan's wife, Gayla began her funeral apprenticship in 1999 and received her funeral license in 2001. On October 18, 1999 Charles passed away and has been deeply missed by all of us that were close to him and also by the community which he served.
In the spring of 2002, Dan and Gayla were able to purchase the business from Dan's family and intend to continue the tradition of caring that Charles established in the community.