P rior to 1888, T.X.Landry, founder of Landry's Funeral Home, owned and operated a wheelwright shop in Labadieville, LA. He got involved in the funeral services, when individual families would bring him the lumber and measurements and request he make caskets. In 1888, Mr. Landry opened a funeral home in Labadieville, LA. The business commenced with a horse-drawn hearse and a spring wagon which was used for the delivery of hand crafted caskets. The business prospered with the years and in 1925, the firm of T.X. Landry and Sons was established, at this time a new funeral home was built in Labadieville and a new ambulance was purchased. In 1937 the firm expanded and purchased the first funeral home in Thibodaux, LA. at the same location as today's facility, 821 Canal Blvd. Further growth and expansion of the business took place in 1948 when a new funeral home was built in Napoleonville, LA. providing additional service to Assumption Parish. On July 28, 1961 the business was incorporated and the name was changed to Landry's Funeral Home, Inc. As the company continued to grow, a new facility was built in Labadieville in 1982.
Today Landry's Funeral Home, Inc. is a five generation operated funeral home, with 3 facilities, serving the people of Assumption, Lafourche and Terrebonne Parishes with a staff of 10 full time employees, 6 part time employees and equipped with 3 hearses and 2 surburbans.